hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From bo yang <bobyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Any issue with large concurrency due to single active instance of YARN Resource Manager?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 06:39:08 GMT
Hi Guys,

I am thinking how many concurrent jobs a single Resource Manager might be
able to manage? Following is my understanding, please correct me if I am
wrong.

Let's say if we have 1000 concurrent jobs running. Resource Manager will
have 1000 records in memory to manage these jobs. And it will also have
1000 threads, where each thread is waiting for one job to finish.

The memory part will probably be ok. For the 1000 threads, will there be
any potential problem?

Thanks,
Bo