I am not sure this is what you want but you can try this shell command:

find [DATANODE_DIR] -name [blockname]

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 6:42 AM, Demai Ni <nidmgg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, folks,

New in this area. Hopefully to get a couple pointers.

I am using Centos and have Hadoop set up using cdh5.1(Hadoop 2.3)

I am wondering whether there is a interface to get each hdfs block information in the term of local file system.

For example, I can use "Hadoop fsck /tmp/test.txt -files -blocks -racks" to get blockID and its replica on the nodes, such as: repl =3[ /rack/hdfs01, /rack/hdfs02...]

 With such info, is there a way to
1) login to hfds01, and read the block directly at local file system level?

Thanks

Demai on the run

--
Regards,