hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Started learning Hadoop. Which distribution is best for native install in pseudo distributed mode?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 00:13:32 GMT
He didn’t ask for the best and nobody framed up their answer like that. He asked what people
were using. Out of the 10 responses only four of them actually answered his question.

I’ve been studying Hadoop for two months straight. Quite frankly, I wish more people would
ask for community input and what does what and how.

Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA
Principal
Mass Street Analytics
913.938.6685
www.linkedin.com/in/bobwakefieldmba
Twitter: @BobLovesData

From: Kilaru, Sambaiah
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:10 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Started learning Hadoop. Which distribution is best for native install in pseudo
distributed mode?

Engough wars on going on which is best. You choose one of it and try to learn and there is
nothing that x is better or y is better.
It is upto your choice.

Thanks,
Sam

From: Sebastiano Di Paola <sebastiano.dipaola@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 6:28 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
distributed mode?

Hi,
I'm a newbie too and I'm not using any particular distribution. Just download the component
I need / want to try for my deploiment and use them.

It's a slow process but allows me to better understand what I'm doing under the hood.

Regards,
Seba