hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Chhaya Vishwakarma <Chhaya.Vishwaka...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject Implementing security in hadoop
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 06:32:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to implement security on my hadoop data. I'm using Cloudera hadoop

Below are the two specific things I'm looking for

1. Role based authorization and authentication

2. Encryption on data residing in HDFS

I have looked into Kerboroes but it doesn't provide encryption for data already residing in
HDFS.

Are there any other security tools i can go for? has anyone done above two security features
in cloudera hadoop.

Please suggest

Regards,
Chhaya Vishwakarma

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information
for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on
the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must
notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility
or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling
code in this e-mail"