hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Chris Mawata <chris.maw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: planning a cluster
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:30:25 GMT
If you plan to use it to learn how to program for Hadoop then pseudo
distributed (cluster of 1) will do. If you plan to use it to learn how to
administer a cluster then 4 or 5 nodes will allow experiments with
commissioning and decommissioning nodes, HA, Journaling, etc. If it is a
proof of concept cluster then it depends on the nature of the problem(s)
you want to solve.