hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Ed Sweeney <ed.swee...@falkonry.com>
Subject Datanode denied communication with namenode
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2014 19:30:36 GMT
All,

New AWS cluster with Cloudera 4.3 RPMs.

dfs.hosts contains 3 host names, they all resolve from each of the 3 hosts.

the datanode on the same machine as the namenode starts fine (once I
added it's longname hostname to dfs.hosts file).

the 2 remote datanodes both get the error below.

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.protocol.DisallowedDatanodeException:
Datanode denied communication with namenode because hostname cannot be
resolved (ip=10.0.7.61, hostname=10.0.7.61):
DatanodeRegistration(0.0.0.0,
datanodeUuid=de84029d-107b-4c80-b503-c990a3621a40,

It is AWS VPC so no reverse dns and I don't want to add anything to
the /etc/hosts files - shouldn't have to since the long and short
names all resolve properly.

Seeing hostname field in the error message has the ip field, I tried
using dfs.client.use.datanode.hostname = true but no change.

Any help appreciated!

-Ed