hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From cho ju il <tjst...@kgrid.co.kr>
Subject Re: How do I recover the namenode?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 00:12:49 GMT

Thank you for answer.

However, my Hadoop version is 2.4.1.
Cluster does not have secondary namenode .

How do I recover the namenode( hadoop version 2.4.1 ) by using the metadata(fsimage) ?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Raj K Singh"&lt;rajkrrsingh@gmail.com&gt;
To: &lt;user@hadoop.apache.org&gt;; "cho ju il"&lt;tjstory@kgrid.co.kr&gt;;

Sent: 2014-07-08 (화) 02:05:15
Subject: Re: How do I recover the namenode?

please follow along the steps

•	Shutdown all Hadoop daemons on all servers in the cluster.

•	Copy NameNode metadata onto the secondary NameNode and copy the entire directory tree
to the secondary NameNode.

•	Modify the core-site.xml file, making the secondary NameNode server the new NameNode server.

•	Replicate that file to all servers in the cluster.

•	Start the NameNode daemon on the secondary NameNode server.

•	Restart the secondary NameNode daemon on the new NameNode server.

•	Start the DataNode daemons on all DataNodes.

•	Start the JobTracker daemon on the JobTracker node.

•	Start the TaskTracker daemons on all the TaskTracker nodes (DataNodes)

•	From any node in the cluster, use the “hadoop dfs –ls” command to verify that the
data file created by TeraGen exists.

•	Check the total amount of HDFS storage used.

•	Run “hadoop fsck /” to compare to results recorded before the NameNode was halted.

Raj K Singhhttp://in.linkedin.com/in/rajkrrsingh

http://www.rajkrrsingh.blogspot.com
Mobile  Tel: +91 (0)9899821370