hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Christian Convey <christian.con...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (Very) newbie questions
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 00:21:18 GMT
On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Christian Convey <christian.convey@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you mind listing the unit tests that failed on your computer ?
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Christian Convey <
>> christian.convey@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm completely new to Hadoop, and I'm trying to build it for the first
>>> time.  I cloned the Git repository and I'm building the tag version
>>> release-2.4.0.
>>>
>>> I get a clean "mvn compile -Pnative", but I'm getting a few unit tests
>>> failing when I run "mvn test".
>>>
>>> Does anyone know to what extent Hadoop (Common) 's unit tests failing is
>>> a serious issue?  I.e., can I have a healthy Hadoop build, while still
>>> having had a few unit tests fail?
>>>

> The one that jumped out me is
> "org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestSymlinkLocalFSFileSystem".  There may be others,
> but I haven't noticed them.

Actually, I believe this is the pertinent output:

Tests in error:
  TestSymlinkLocalFSFileContext>TestSymlinkLocalFS.testDanglingLink:163 »
IO Pat...

TestSymlinkLocalFSFileContext>TestSymlinkLocalFS.testGetLinkStatusPartQualTarget:201
» IO

TestSymlinkLocalFSFileContext>SymlinkBaseTest.testCreateLinkToDotDotPrefix:822
» IO
  TestSymlinkLocalFSFileSystem>TestSymlinkLocalFS.testDanglingLink:163 » IO
Path...

TestSymlinkLocalFSFileSystem>TestSymlinkLocalFS.testGetLinkStatusPartQualTarget:201
» IO

TestSymlinkLocalFSFileSystem>SymlinkBaseTest.testCreateLinkToDotDotPrefix:822
» IO