hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Ranjan <vikas.ran...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: issue about change NN node
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 06:25:42 GMT
Try not to format NN. Formatting will change the Cluster ID and Namespace ID. Data node would
have old ClusterID and Namespace ID and will not match with new IDs on NN and hence the communication
will fail.
Locate the metadata folder of old NN where edit logs, FSImages and the VERSION file are kept.
Copy all these files to the new NN and it should work.

From: rajkrrsingh@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 11:41:10 +0530
Subject: Re: issue about change NN node
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

I have not try it yet but you can use old fsimage and editlogs to build a new name node.

Raj K Singhhttp://in.linkedin.com/in/rajkrrsingh

http://www.rajkrrsingh.blogspot.com
Mobile  Tel: +91 (0)9899821370

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 6:26 AM, ch huang <justlooks@gmail.com> wrote:

hi,mailist:
          I want to replace my NN in hadoop cluster(not NN HA,no secondary NN),how can i do
this?