hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject Gathering connection information
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 18:46:01 GMT
We've found that much of the Hadoop samples assume that running is being done form a cluster
node, and that the connection information can be gleaned directly from a configuration object.
 However, we always run our client from a remote computer, and our users must manually specify
the NN/RM addresses and ports.  We've found this varies maddeningly between distros and especially
on hosted virtual implementations.  Getting the wrong port results in various inscrutable
errors with red-herring messages about security.  Is there a prescribed way to get the correct
connection information more easily, like from a web API (where at least we'd only need one
address and port)?

john