hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: priority in the container request
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 17:21:08 GMT
Yes, priorities are assigned to ResourceRequests and you can ask multiple containers at the
same priority level. You may not get all the containers together as today's scheduler lacks
gang functionality.

+Vinod

On Jun 9, 2014, at 12:08 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kishore@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Can we give the same value for priority when requesting multiple containers from the
Application Master? Basically, I need all of those containers at the same time, and I am requesting
them at the same time. So, I am thinking if we can do that?

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE