hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Libo Yu <yu_l...@hotmail.com>
Subject how to customize hadoop configuration for a job?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 01:48:07 GMT
Hi all,

According to the book "Hadoop; The Definitive Guide", it is possible to use "-D property=value"
override any default or site property in the configuration.

I gave it shot and it is true. The property specified with "-D" is ignored.

Then I put the property in an xml file and use "-conf xml_name" on the command line. But still
I cannot
override the property.

The only way to override the default property is to get a Configuration reference in the code
and set the property
via the reference. But that is not convenient as I need to recompile the code each time I
change the property.
So what is the right way to customize the configuration for a job?

Thanks,

Libo