hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which version to learn ?
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:11:51 GMT
Its a good idea to start with Hadoop 1.2
It is stable though it differs from hadoop 2.x.

You will get lots of your questions answered on hadoop 1.x by simple
search. For hadoop 2.x it is still very much new to most people who are not
working or developing things on it daily.

I would recommend start with hadoop 1.2
Learn the basics and then move to hadoop 2.x that way you can learn both
the versions and also understand what changed for what reasons from 1.x to
2.x

--
Nitin Pawar