hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Shahab Yunus <shahab.yu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I get started with hadoop
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:59:19 GMT
Assuming, you are talking about basic stuff...

Michael Noll has some good Hadoop (pre-Yarn) tutorials
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/

Then definitely go through the book Hadoop- The Definitive Guide by Tom
White.
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021773.do

Then, if you download the free distributions by a non-Apache vendors (e.g.
Cloudera, MapR, Horton etc.), their docs are helpful too as well.

Lastly, Apache it self has quite good docs for starter/basic stuff:

e.g. this is for Hadoop 2.3.0 version: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.3.0/
You can find similar for almost all versions.

Regards,
Shahab