hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Alex Lee <eliy...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: DNS pre request for hadoop install
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:59:03 GMT
This is the command result,
[root@localhost yum.repos.d]# hostname
localhost.localdomain
[root@localhost yum.repos.d]# hostname -f
localhost
[root@localhost yum.repos.d]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
[root@localhost yum.repos.d]#

Should I change it to some own defined domain in hosts file or network file.

From: mshi@gopivotal.com
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 17:24:59 +0800
Subject: Re: DNS pre request for hadoop install
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

If you don't know what fully qualified domain name is, google it first.

Let me show you my configuration:

[dev@devmachine:~ ]$ hostname
devmachine
[dev@devmachine:~ ]$ hostname -f
devmachine.mydomain
[dev@devmachine:~ ]$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain localhost localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4

::1         localhost.localdomain localhost localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
192.168.9.168 devmachine.mydomain       devmachine

where 192.168.9.168 is my machine ip, devmachine.mydomain is my host fqdn.

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

When running hostname -f, it shows localhost.

Will it be ok, or need to use the
fully.qualified.domain.name