hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Alex Lee <eliy...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: DNS pre request for hadoop install
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:13:26 GMT
In the hosts file, it has
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

When running hostname -f, it shows localhost.

Will it be ok, or need to use the
fully.qualified.domain.name

From: mshi@gopivotal.com
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 17:06:52 +0800
Subject: Re: DNS pre request for hadoop install
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

In your /etc/hosts file. Change it to something like below:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

then run hostname -f and see what's the output.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Alex Lee <eliyart@hotmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to use ambari (hortonwoks) to install hadoop. One step is to pre-config DNS as
manual link below.
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.9.1/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap1-5-5.html

Since I am only using internal network, not sure how to config fully.qualified.domain.name.
My hostname -f only shows localhost. And in /etc/sysconfig/network, it give HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain

If anyone already get hadoop running, what is the real DNS requests for hadoop.
Any suggestion, thanks a lot.

alex

--
Cheers