hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Poon <jkp...@ucdavis.edu>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.2.0 Distributed Cache
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:20:17 GMT
Hi Stanley,

Sorry about the confusion, but I'm trying to read a txt file into my Mapper
function.  I am trying to copy the file using the -files option when
submitting the Hadoop job.

I try to obtain the filename using the following lines of code in my Mapper:

URI[] localPaths = context.getCacheFiles();
String configFilename = localPaths[0].toString();

However, when I run the JAR in hadoop, I get a NullPointerException.

Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm running Hadoop 2.2 in Single Node mode.  Not sure if that affects
things...