hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Poon <jkp...@ucdavis.edu>
Subject Hadoop 2.2.0 Distributed Cache
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 23:34:29 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I'm submitting a MapReduce job using the -files option to copy a text file
that contains properties I use for the map and reduce functions.

I'm trying to obtain the local cache files in my mapper function using:

Path[] paths = context.getLocalCacheFiles();

However, i get an error saying getLocalCacheFiles() is undefined.  I've
imported the hadoop-mapreduce-client-core-2.2.0.jar as part of my build
environment in Eclipse.

Any ideas on what could be incorrect?

If I'm incorrectly using the distributed cache, could someone point me to
an example using the distributed cache with Hadoop 2.2.0?

Thanks for your help!

Jonathan