Hi Arpit,

Thanks for your guide!  As a new contributor, I still have following two questions need your help:

1) So I guess I should run 'test-patch.sh' on my local environment against branch-1.2, not on Apache Hadoop test server, right?
2) On branch-1.2, I found the 'test-patch.sh' is on ./src/test/bin/test-patch.sh, not ./dev-support/test-patch.sh. My command is 'sh ./src/test/bin/test-patch.sh MAPREDUCE-4490.patch', however failed with message 'ERROR: usage ./src/test/bin/test-patch.sh HUDSON [args] | DEVELOPER [args]'. What's the correct way to manually run 'test-patch.sh'?

Hi Sam,

Hadoop Jenkins does not accept patches for 1.x.

You can manually run 'test-patch.sh' to verify there are no regressions introduced by your patch and copy-paste the results into a Jira comment.