hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Chris Mildebrandt <ch...@woodenrhino.com>
Subject Using a specific local path in fs.defaultFS (e.g. file:///local/)
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:57:19 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if I can use a specific path in the fs.defaultFS
property. For example, I have a local directory at /local and would like
the root path to start under /local. So I used the value file:///local/ as
the value of fs.defaultFS. This had no affect and still used the root of my
file system.

Is there a way (through configuration or another AbstractFileSystem
implementation) to specify a directory as the root of the filesystem as
seen from Hadoop?

Thanks,
-Chris