hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <oleg.zhurakou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shutdown hook for FileSystems
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:58:34 GMT
No, all I do is have my own shutdown hook in the main which closes the
FSDataOutputStream. Before I did that it would throw an ugly exception when
I hit Ctrl+C, telling me that the stream is already closed, because of this
shutdown hook (bad design on the hadoop part), so removing it keeps it open
until the client's shutdown hook will close it at due time. So now it shuts
down gracefully and under complete control of the client.