hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Nirmal Kumar <nirmal.ku...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Doubts: Deployment and Configuration of YARN cluster
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 05:14:17 GMT
Hi Arun,

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

I understand it like in *yarn-site.xml* first I can set the max. and min. container size GLOBALLY
for all the nodes in the cluster through:

*         {yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb}

*         {yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb}

Then at each of the node I can set the NM memory using:

*         {yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb}

My 2nd doubt is whether we can run Mappers\Reducers tasks with varying memory options at each
of the slave nodes.
That is, can we change the following properties in *mapred-site.xml* at each of the slave
nodes? This is because depending on the machine's power we can adjust the memory options for
the M\R tasks.

*         {mapreduce.map.memory.mb}

*         {mapreduce.map.java.opts}

*         {mapreduce.reduce.memory.mb}