hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Martin, Nick" <NiMar...@pssd.com>
Subject Re: HIVE versus SQL DB
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 13:16:26 GMT
Hi Felipe,

The Hive user list will be the best place to post this question.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 24, 2014, at 7:37 PM, "Felipe Gutierrez" <felipe.o.gutierrez@gmail.com<mailto:felipe.o.gutierrez@gmail.com>>

I am in a project that has three databases with flat files. Our plan is to normalize these
DB in one. We will need to follow the Data warehouse concept (ETL - Extraction, Transform,

We are thinking to use Hadoop at the Transform step, because we need to relate datas from
the three databases. Do you think this is a good option? Is there any tutorial/article about

We are also thinking to use HIVE to Extract the files, insert it on Hadoop and use HIVE to
query these datas. At this step we are going to eliminate blank spaces, duplicate datas, transform
a name register to an ID.

What are yours experience about this?

Thanks a lot for any contribution!

-- Felipe Oliveira Gutierrez