hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Marco Shaw <marco.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Yarn
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 15:31:33 GMT
Can you clarify?

What tutorial and specific sections are you referring to?

Marco

> On Jan 19, 2014, at 9:26 AM, chandler song <chandler605@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi all
>
>   I have some question about yarn when I read the tutorial on the website.
>
>  1) the contain is physical or logic? for example, there are three PCs(A,B,C) on Cluster.
 if I allocate one container. it will run on one PC all the time. or the container will work
on different PC at different time.

> 2) the contain, I can think it's a virtual PC which can run java application? is my correct?
>
> 3)about mapreduce, how mapreduce run on yarn? after reading the tutorial, I think yarn
and mapreduce is totally different thing. I think the basic unit of yarn is container. map
and reduce's basic unit is map and reduce.

> or how yarn handle concurrent? I know in mapreduce, I don't need to think too much about
concurrent. because mapreduce will do this for you. it will split data into a small unit and
you can do what you do. but I don't find yarn has same thing.