hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Bentsen ...@bentzn.com>
Subject Re: Starting... -help needed
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:00:15 GMT
Anything on this?

I am pretty stuck here.
_Not_ possible to install and run Hadoop 2.2.0 with the instructions on
the website. I am sure this is not how it's supposed to be with SW from
the Apache Software Foundation: frustrating!

Where is the 'MapReduce tarball' in the binary download? It's mentioned
on the 'Single Node Setup' page - with the title 'Hadoop MapReduce Next
Generation - Setting up a Single Node Cluster'.

Where do I find the 'hadoop-common' and the 'hadoop-common/hadoop-hdfs'
path in the binary download as mentioned on the 'Single Node Setup'
page?

The 'core-default.xml' mentioned on the 'cluster setup' page is buried
in
'[hadoop_2.2.0_bin_package]/share/doc/hadoop/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common'
Is that _really_ where 'Read-only default configuration' is supposed to
be?

The 'conf/core-site.xml' does not exist!
However there is a
'[hadoop_2.2.0_bin_package]/etc/hadoop/core-site.xml'? Is that it?

After all this confusion I dropped everything about exporting any env
vars pointing anywhere and running something - and then I was kinda
stuck.

As I mentioned before: I wouldn't mind writing this so other newbies can
get started without beating up the dog too much but I myself need to get
started somewhere.

best regards
Thomas Bentsen

PS -to introduce myself:
10+ years of experience architecting and programming proprietary,
hi-load server-systems (Java) for gaming, data acquisition and business.