hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Bentsen ...@bentzn.com>
Subject Starting... -help needed
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 15:34:05 GMT
Hello everyone

I have recently decided to try out the Hadoop complex.

According to the getting started I am supposed to change the config in
[hadoop]/conf/*
But there is no such conf directory.

It looks a lot like I am supposed to copy the files from the tar-file
all over the OS into the folders with relatively well known names on a
Linux machine. I can try to guess where they all go... -but..? Really?

I need a very basic:
1) First you download the package
2) Then you unpack it
3) All the files in ... are copied/symlinked to ...
4) All the files in ... are copied/symlinked to ...
..
..
x) Config is done in ...
y) Starting services is done with ...

I wouldn't mind writing it myself to help others get started from
scratch but I need somewhere to start.

best regards

Thomas Bentsen