hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Viacheslav Zholudev <vyacheslav.zholu...@gmail.com>
Subject YARN and mapreduce.task.classpath.user.precedence
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:12:20 GMT

We are evaluating CDH5 and YARN. Some of our hadoop jobs relied on the value mapreduce.task.classpath.user.precedence
set to true. Now it seems it no longer has effect. The jars that should be loaded first are
packaged into the "lib" folder in the job jar.
Can you please suggest how to load the jars in the lib folder of the main jar before hadoop
adds its jars into the classpath? If it matters, we need to load avro-1.7.5.jar first but
CDH5 still comes with avro-1.7.4. I know that one could probably substitute the avro jar in
the CDH5 distribution, but I would prefer to avoid it.

Thanks a lot in advance,
View raw message