hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Ian Jackson <Ian_Jack...@trilliumsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Writing to remote HDFS using C# on Windows
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 21:46:24 GMT
If you using HDFS on 2.2, you could use a nfs. More recent versions of  Windows include an
NFS client. The exclamation mark is used to refer to the root directory of HDFS. For example:
     net use * \\hostname_or_ip\<file:///\\hostname_or_ip\>!
The downside of using the NFS gateway, is that you may only use NFS for communicating with
Hadoop and not any of the real directories.
From: Marco Shaw [mailto:marco.shaw@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 11:34 AM
To: user
Subject: Re: Writing to remote HDFS using C# on Windows

Does this help?
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/data_otaku/archive/2013/08/26/hadoop-for-net-developers-programmatically-loading-data-to-hdfs.aspx

I'm assuming you can use Microsoft's .NET SDK to write to a non-HDInsight cluster...

Marco

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Fengyun RAO <raofengyun@gmail.com<mailto:raofengyun@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Thanks!

I tried WebHDFS, which also work well if I copy local files to HDFS, but still can't find
a way to open a filestream, and write to it.