hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: YARN: LocalResources and file distribution
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:41:23 GMT
That seems wrong.

What you need to do is:

        localResources.put("list.ksh", shellRsrc);
        ctx.setLocalResources(localResources);

shellRsrc should already have the hdfs path set in it. The key in the local resource map denotes
the name of the symlink to create and the value contains all the information for YARN to be
able to download and verify the resource.

-- Hitesh

On Dec 6, 2013, at 3:03 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri wrote:

> Hi Omkar,
>   Thanks for the quick reply. I am now adding a resource to be localized on the ContainerLaunchContext
like this:

>         localResources.put("hdfs://isredeng:8020/user/kbonagir/KKDummy/list.ksh", shellRsrc);
>         ctx.setLocalResources(localResources);
>
> and referred it as "./list.ksh". Is that enough?
>
> With this change I have gone past the previous error, and now seeing this error, what
else I might be missing?

> 2013-12-06 05:25:59,480 WARN org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch:
Failed to launch container.
> java.io.IOException: Destination must be relative
>         at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch$ShellScriptBuilder.symlink(ContainerLaunch.java:474)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.writeLaunchEnv(ContainerLaunch.java:723)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:254)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:79)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>
> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM, omkar joshi <omkar.vinit.joshi.86@gmail.com> wrote:
> add this file in the files to be localized. (LocalResourceRequest). and then refer it
as ./list.ksh .. While adding this to LocalResource specify the path which you have mentioned.

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kishore@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
>   I have copied a shell script to HDFS and trying to execute it on containers. How do
I specify my shell script PATH in setCommands() call on ContainerLaunchContext? I am doing
it this way

>       String shellScriptPath = "hdfs://isredeng:8020/user/kbonagir/KKDummy/list.ksh";
>       commands.add(shellScriptPath);
>
> But my container execution is failing saying that there is No such file or directory!
>
> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: /bin/bash: hdfs://isredeng:8020/user/kbonagir/KKDummy/list.ksh:
No such file or directory

>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:464)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:379)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:589)
>
> I could see this file with "hadoop fs" command and also saw messages in Node Manager's
log saying that the resource is downloaded and localized. So, how do I run the downloaded
shell script on a container?

> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:57 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
>  YARN, by default, will only download *resource* from a shared namespace (e.g. HDFS).
>
>  If /home/hadoop/robert/large_jar.jar is available on each node then you can specify
path as file:///home/hadoop/robert/large_jar.jar and it should work.

>  Else, you'll need to copy /home/hadoop/robert/large_jar.jar to HDFS and then specify
hdfs://host:port/path/to/large_jar.jar.

> hth,
> Arun
>
> On Dec 1, 2013, at 12:03 PM, Robert Metzger <metrobert@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm currently writing code to run my application using Yarn (Hadoop 2.2.0).
>> I used this code as a skeleton: https://github.com/hortonworks/simple-yarn-app
>>
>> Everything works fine on my local machine or on a cluster with the shared directories,
but when I want to access resources outside of commonly accessible locations, my application
fails.

>> I have my application in a large jar file, containing everything (Submission Client,
Application Master, and Workers).
>> The submission client registers the large jar file as a local resource for the Application
master's context.

>> In my understanding, Yarn takes care of transferring the client-local resources to
the application master's container.
>> This is also stated here: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html
>>
>> You can use the LocalResource to add resources to your application request. This
will cause YARN to distribute the resource to the ApplicationMaster node.

>> If I'm starting my jar from the dir "/home/hadoop/robert/large_jar.jar", I'll get
the following error from the nodemanager (another node in the cluster):

>> 2013-12-01 20:13:00,810 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService:
Failed to download rsrc { { file:/home/hadoop/robert/large_jar.jar, ..

>> So it seems as this node tries to access the file from its local file system.
>>
>> Do I have to use another "protocol" for the file, something like "file://host:port/home/blabla"
?

>> Is it true that Yarn is able to distribute files (not using hdfs obviously?) ?
>>

>> The distributedshell-example suggests that I have to use HDFS: https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/blob/50f0de14e377091c308c3a74ed089a7e4a7f0bfe/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-applications/hadoop-yarn-applications-distributedshell/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/applications/distributedshell/Client.java
>>

>> Sincerely,
>> Robert
>>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.