hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Mirko Kämpf <mirko.kae...@gmail.com>
Subject Re:
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:35:51 GMT
The procedure of splitting the larger file into blocks is handled by the
client. It delivers each block to a DataNode (can be a different one for
each block, but does not have to be, e.g. in a pseudo distributed cluster
we have only one node). Replication of the blocks is handled in the cluster
by DataNodes and later also by the Balancer. Did you dive already into the
source code of the HDFS client implementation? There you will find the
details you are looking for.

Best wishes
Mirko