hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kawa <kawa.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.2.0 from source configuration
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 23:51:33 GMT
Could you please send me a link to the documentation that you followed to
setup your single-node cluster?
I will go through it and do it step by step, so hopefully at the end your
issue will be solved and the documentation will be improved.

If you have any non-standard settings in core-site.xml, hdfs-site.xml and
hadoop-env.sh (that were not suggested by the documentation that you
followed), then please share them.

2013/12/3 Daniel Savard <daniel.savard@gmail.com>

> Adam,
>
> that's not the issue, I did substitute the name in the first report. The
> actual hostname is feynman.cids.ca.
>
> -----------------
> Daniel Savard
>

> 2013/12/3 Adam Kawa <kawa.adam@gmail.com>
>
>> Daniel,
>>
>> I see that in previous hdfs report, you had: hosta.subdom1.tld1, but now
>> you have feynman.cids.ca. What is the content of your /etc/hosts file,
>> and output of $hostname command?
>>

>> 2013/12/3 Daniel Savard <daniel.savard@gmail.com>
>>
>>> I did that more than once, I just retry it from the beginning. I zapped
>>> the directories and recreated them with hdfs namenode -format and restarted
>>> HDFS and I am still getting the very same error.
>>>
>>> I have posted previously the report. Is there anything in this report
>>> that indicates I am not having enough free space somewhere? That's the only
>>> thing I can see may cause this problem after everything I read on the
>>> subject. I am new to Hadoop and I just want to setup a standalone node for
>>> starting to experiment a while with it before going ahead with a complete
>>> cluster.
>>>
>>> I repost the report for convenience:
>>>
>>> Configured Capacity: 2939899904 (2.74 GB)
>>> Present Capacity: 534421504 (509.66 MB)
>>> DFS Remaining: 534417408 (509.66 MB)
>>>
>>> DFS Used: 4096 (4 KB)
>>> DFS Used%: 0.00%
>>> Under replicated blocks: 0
>>> Blocks with corrupt replicas: 0
>>> Missing blocks: 0

>>> Datanodes available: 1 (1 total, 0 dead)
>>>
>>> Live datanodes:
>>> Name: 127.0.0.1:50010 (feynman.cids.ca)
>>> Hostname: feynman.cids.ca
>>> Decommission Status : Normal
>>> Configured Capacity: 2939899904 (2.74 GB)
>>>
>>> DFS Used: 4096 (4 KB)
>>> Non DFS Used: 2405478400 (2.24 GB)
>>> DFS Remaining: 534417408 (509.66 MB)
>>> DFS Used%: 0.00%
>>> DFS Remaining%: 18.18%
>>> Last contact: Tue Dec 03 13:37:02 EST 2013

>>> Daniel Savard

NN logs

HDFS is

are