hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yarn -- one of the daemons getting killed
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:04:59 GMT
Hi Vinod,
 Thanks for the link, I went through it and it looks like the OOM killer
picks a process that has the highest oom_score. I have tried to capture
oom_score for all the YARN daemon processes after each run of my
application.The first time I have captured these details, I see that the
name node is killed where as the Node Manager has the highest score. So, I
don't if it is really the OOM killer that has killed it!

 Please see the output of my run attached, which also has the output of
free command after each run. The output of free command doesn't either show
any exhaustion of system memory.

Also, one more thing I have done today is, I have added audit rules for
each of the daemons to capture all the system calls. And, in the audit log,
I see futex() system call occurring in the killed daemon processes. I don't
know if it causes the daemon to die? and why does that call happen...

Thanks,
Kishore

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> That's good info. It is more than likely that it is the OOM killer. See
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/726690/who-killed-my-process-and-whyfor example.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Dec 17, 2013, at 1:26 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <
> write2kishore@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
>   I have run the resource manager in the foreground without nohup and here
> are the messages when it was killed, it says it is "Killed" but doesn't say
> why!
>
> 13/12/17 03:14:54 INFO capacity.CapacityScheduler: Application
> appattempt_1387266015651_0258_000001 released container
> container_1387266015651_0258_01_000003 on node: host: isredeng:36576
> #containers=2 available=7936 used=256 with event: FINISHED
> 13/12/17 03:14:54 INFO rmcontainer.RMContainerImpl:
> container_1387266015651_0258_01_000005 Container Transitioned from ACQUIRED
> to RUNNING
> Killed
>

> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Jeff Stuckman <stuckman@umd.edu> wrote:
>
>>  What if you open the daemons in a "screen" session rather than running
>> them in the background -- for example, run "yarn resourcemanager". Then you
>> can see exactly when they terminate, and hopefully why.

If