hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Savard <daniel.sav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.2.0 from source configuration
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:44:24 GMT
André,

good for you that greedy instructions on the reference page were enough to
setup your cluster. However, read them again and see how many assumptions
are made into them about what you are supposed to already know and should
come without saying more about it.

I did try the single node setup, it is worst than the cluster setup
regarding the instructions. You are supposed to already have a near working
system as far as I understand the instructions. It is assumed the HDFS is
already setup and working properly. Try to find the instructions to setup
HDFS for version 2.2.0 and you will end up with a lot of inappropriate
instructions about previous version (some properties were renamed).

It may appear hard at people to say this is toxic, but it is. The first
place a newcomer will go is setup a single node. This will be his starting
point and he will be left with a bunch of a priori and no clue.

To go back to my very problem at this point:

13/12/02 11:34:07 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer Exception
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): File
/test._COPYING_ could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of
minReplication (=1).  There are 1 datanode(s) running and no node(s) are
excluded in this operation.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager.chooseTarget(BlockManager.java:1384)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:2477)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.addBlock(NameNodeRpcServer.java:555)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:387)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:59582)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:585)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2048)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2044)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2042)

    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.addBlock(Unknown Source)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:186)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:102)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.addBlock(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:330)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.locateFollowingBlock(DFSOutputStream.java:1226)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1078)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:514)

I can copy an empty file, but as soon as its content is non-zero I am
getting this message. Searching on the message is of no help so far.

And I skimmed through the cluster instructions and found nothing there that
could help in any way neither.