hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jing Zhao <j...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Debugging/Modifying HDFS from Eclipse
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 23:00:57 GMT
MiniDFSCluster is used everywhere in HDFS's unit tests. You can easily
find examples in the source code of HDFS (e.g.,
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.TestDFSMkdirs). You can also test simple HA
setup using MiniDFSCluster (e.g.,
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.TestHASafeMode).

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Karim Awara <karim.awara@kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any source on how to use the miniDFSCluster (e.g. providing
> configuration ..etc) ?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Karim Ahmed Awara
>

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Gaurav Sharma <gaurav.gs.sharma@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> You can use the minidfscluster for local testing and write more tests
>> around whatever functionality it is that you are trying to change.
>>
>> On Dec 3, 2013, at 3:44, Karim Awara <karim.awara@kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone modified HDFS code before or debug it can give me a hand on how to
>> do it? I found multiple sources online but I am facing errors when building
>> it from Eclipse.
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Karim Ahmed Awara
>>
>> ________________________________
>> This message and its contents, including attachments are intended solely
>> for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have
>> received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this
>> message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is
>> prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

> This message and its contents, including attachments are intended solely for
> the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have
> received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this
> message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is
> prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE