hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Laxmi Narsimha Rao Oruganti <laxmi....@oracle.com>
Subject Find Job Status by Job ID
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:12:04 GMT
Hey There,

                We are very new to hadoop and have question.

We are submitting (or creating) job using Hadoop Job API v2 (i.e. namespace mapreduce than
old one mapred)

                We submit MR Jobs derived from metadata of our own jobs using mapreduce namespace
API.  We maintain the Hadoop Job Name in this table.

                We want to track the submitted jobs for the progress (and so completion) so
that we can update our own jobs as complete.

1)      Job Tracking API in mapred namespce - Does it work for jobs created using new namespace
API

2)      If (1) is false, is there any way to track Job Progress using mapreduce namespace
Job API? New namespace Job Status API requires Job object.  Whereas 'Job Monitoring' module
of ours does not have any job object with it.

Can you please help us with anyway to get Job Status given a Job Name?  We make sure job name
are unique.

Thanks,

Laxmi