hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Sergey Gerasimov" <gerasi...@mlab.cs.msu.su>
Subject passing configuration parameter to comparator
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 13:58:47 GMT
Hello,

What is the best way to pass job configuration parameter to class like
GroupingComparator which is instantiated by hadoop. I know there is setup
method in map class and probably I can initialize some static variable in
setup and use it in GroupingComparator, not sure that is correct (not sure
there is guarantee that GroupingComparator will be instantiated after first
call of map on this node) But what is preferred pattern for the case? Maybe
there is some unified way to access job config from anywhere?

Thanks!

Sergey.