hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Brandon Li <bran...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HDFS-NFS Windows
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:59:39 GMT
A workaround has been committed to trunk/branch-2/branch2.2.1.

Now users can define any HDFS sub-directory to share. We can just add the
following property in hdfs-site.xml.
<property>
      <name>dfs.nfs3.export.point</name>
      <value>/somedirectory</value>
  </property>

Another thing with mounting NFS on Windows is the user mapping between
Windows accounts and Linux accounts.

Not that, if the users don't care about the files ownership,  they don't
even need to map Window user to Linux user. NFS gateway maps all unknown
user/group to "nobody"/"nobody", which have the Linux (UID, GID) as (-2,
-2).

In this case, to let Windows user access HDFS through NFS, all we need to
do is to create a directory with access mode 777 in HDFS. Then export that
directory or its parent directory(as long as it's not root "/").  After
mount it as a drive on Windows, any Windows user can access it.

Brandon

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE