hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Salman Toor <salman.t...@it.uu.se>
Subject Re: C++ example for hadoop-2.2.0
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:51:36 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

But are you sure about it? Actually Hadoop version 1.2 have both 32 and 64 bit libraries so
I believe the the next version should have both... But I am not sure just a random guess :-(

Regards..
Salman.

Salman Toor, PhD
salman.toor@it.uu.se

On Nov 4, 2013, at 1:38 PM, Amr Shahin wrote:

> I believe hadoop isn't compatible with 64 architecture. Try installing the 32 libraries
and compile against them.
> This error (skipping incompatible /home/sztoor/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadooppipes.a
when searching -lhadooppipes) indicates so

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Salman Toor <salman.toor@it.uu.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone give a pointer?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards..
> Salman.
>

> Salman Toor, PhD
> salman.toor@it.uu.se
>

> On Nov 3, 2013, at 11:31 PM, Salman Toor wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am quite new to the Hadoop world, previously was running hadoop-1.2.0 stable version
on my small cluster and encountered some strange problems like the local path to the mapper
 file didn't copy to the hdfs .... It works fine on the single node setup but on multiple
node simple word-count python example didn't work...  I read on the blog that it might be
the problem in the version I am using. So I thought to change the version and downloaded the
Hadoop 2.2.0. This version has yarn together with many new features that I hope I will learn
in the future. Now simple wordcount example works without any problem on the multi-node setup.
I am using simple python example.

>> Now I would like to compile my C++ code. Since the directory structure together with
other things have been changed. I have started to get the following error:

>> ----------------
>> /urs/bin/ld:  skipping incompatible /home/sztoor/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadooputils.a
when searching -lhadooputils
>> cannot find -lhadooputils
>>
>>  /urs/bin/ld:  skipping incompatible /home/sztoor/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadooppipes.a
when searching -lhadooppipes
>> cannot find -lhadooppipes
>>
>> I have managed to run the c++ example successfully with the 1.2.0 version on single
node setup.

>> I am having 64bit Ubuntu machine. previously I was using Linux-amd64-64
>>
>> Now in new version, "lib" and "include" directories are in the hadoop-2.2.0 directory.
No build.xml is available...

>> Can someone please give me an example of a makefile based on the version 2.2.0? Or
suggest me which version I should go for? Or if there are some prerequisites that I should
do before compiling my code?