hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Joy George <J...@orioninc.com>
Subject RE: hadoop-2 on windows How To ?
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:57:28 GMT
Hartonworks HDP is currently using Hadoop 1.2 version.

Are there any links which explain how to install Hadoop 2 in windows machines?

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 4:54 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: hadoop-2 on windows How To ?

you do not ssh to run windows either its windows or linux.

ssh is used to for only making it easy to install. hadoop does not use ssh.

All network communication in hadoop happen over tcp.

I personally never installed hadoop on windows but there is this blog with pictorial representation

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM, sagar nikam <sagarnikam123@gmail.com<mailto:sagarnikam123@gmail.com>>
I read some latest features of hadoop-2.0 version, that it also runs on windows system.
I found some .cmd files along side with .sh files.
I want to run them for windows. I have JDk-7 installed.
I don't want to install openssh component in my windows (as this requires cygwin to be installed,
that have many other issues with regular command prompts)
Does without openssh can i run hadoop on windows ?
any tutorials/blog showing latest hadoop installation on windows ?

Nitin Pawar

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail, delete and then destroy all copies of
the original message.

View raw message