hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Botelho, Andrew" <Andrew.Bote...@emc.com>
Subject RE: Getting HBaseStorage() to work in Pig
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 20:57:59 GMT
Could you explain what is going on here:
HADOOP_CLASSPATH=`${HBASE_HOME}/bin/hbase classpath` ${HADOOP_HOME}/bin/hadoop jar ${HBASE_HOME}/hbase-VERSION.jar

I'm not a Unix expert by any means.
How can I use this to enable HBaseStorage() in Pig?

Thanks,

Andrew

From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 4:50 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting HBaseStorage() to work in Pig

Please look at the example in 15.1.1 under http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#tools

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Botelho, Andrew <Andrew.Botelho@emc.com<mailto:Andrew.Botelho@emc.com>>
wrote:
I am trying to use the function HBaseStorage() in my Pig code in order to load an HBase table
into Pig.

When I run my code, I get this error:

ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/WritableByteArrayComparable

I believe the PIG_CLASSPATH needs to be extended to include the classpath for loading HBase,
but I am not sure how to do this.  I've tried several export commands in the unix shell to
change the PIG_CLASSPATH, but nothing seems to be working.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew Botelho