hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <Ananda.Muru...@honeywell.com>
Subject RE: Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 08:50:36 GMT
Thanks for all the suggestion. I will explore more and raise specific questions if needed.

Regards,
Anand.C

From: Sandy Ryza [mailto:sandy.ryza@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:30 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program

To add to that, if you want to take advantage of MapReduce, e.g. you need to do a distributed
grouping or sort, pipes or streaming would be the way to go.  If you're mainly interested
in running your code in parallel on a cluster, distributed shell, a YARN application outside
of MapReduce, could be a simpler way to accomplish this.

-Sandy

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Omkar Joshi <ojoshi@hortonworks.com<mailto:ojoshi@hortonworks.com>>