hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to construct path to a HDFS dir in local host
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 19:33:29 GMT
Hello Huy,

Try adding the port as well and see if it helps :
hdfs://localhost:9000/data.(as
per your config)

And if you don't want to give the complete URI and do it by giving just the
directory Path add the following lines in your client to tell it that you
want to operate on HDFS and not on your local FS

conf.addResource(new Path(
"/Users/miqbal1/hadoop-eco/hadoop-1.1.2/conf/core-site.xml"));

 conf.addResource(new Path(
"/Users/miqbal1/hadoop-eco/hadoop-1.1.2/conf/hdfs-site.xml"));

HTH

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com