hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Shekhar Sharma <shekhar2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any way to use a hdfs file as a Circular buffer?
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 16:31:22 GMT
Use CEP tool like Esper and Storm, you will be able to achieve that
...I can give you more inputs if you can provide me more details of what
you are trying to achieve
Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Wukang Lin <vboylin1987@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Niels and Bertrand,
>     Thank you for you great advices.
>     In our scenario, we need to store a steady stream of binary data into
> a circular storage,throughput and concurrency are the most important
> indicators.The first way seems work, but as  hdfs is not friendly for small
> files, this approche may be not smooth enough.HBase is good, but  not
> appropriate for us, both for throughput and storage.mongodb is quite good
> for web applications, but not suitable the scenario we meet all the same.
>     we need a distributed storage system,with Highe throughput, HA,LB and
> secure. Maybe It act much like hbase, manager a lot of small file(hfile) as
> a large region. we manager a lot of small file as a large one. Perhaps we
> should develop it by ourselives.
>
> Thank you.
> Lin Wukang
>

> 2013/7/25 Niels Basjes <Niels@basjes.nl>
>
>> A circular file on hdfs is not possible.
>>
>> Some of the ways around this limitation:
>> - Create a series of files and delete the oldest file when you have too
>> much.
>> - Put the data into an hbase table and do something similar.
>> - Use completely different technology like mongodb which has built in
>> support for a circular buffer (capped collection).
>>
>> Niels
>>
>> Hi all,
>>    Is there any way to use a hdfs file as a Circular buffer? I mean, if I set a quotas
to a directory on hdfs, and writting data to a file in that directory continuously. Once the
quotas exceeded, I can redirect the writter and write the data from the beginning of the file
automatically .