hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Charles Baker <cba...@sdl.com>
Subject RE: Decommission a data node
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 17:34:51 GMT
I had a similar issue and I believe the solution was to put the IP:port combination in the
exclude file instead of using hostnames.

-Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Mapred Learn [mailto:mapred.learn@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 6:24 PM
To: cdh-user@cloudera.org; Airtel
Subject: Re: Decommission a data node

Adding hdfs users.

On Aug 1, 2013, at 6:03 PM, Mapred Learn <mapred.learn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I added node to exclude list in hdfs site n ran dfsadmin -refreshNodes
> But name node is not able to start decommissioning.
>
> Do I need to bounce name node ?
>
> Thanks,
> JJ

SDL Enterprise Technologies, Inc. - all rights reserved.  The information contained in this
email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this mail, you are hereby
notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message.
Registered address: 201 Edgewater Drive, Suite 225, Wakefield, MA 01880, USA