hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jun Ping Du <...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: MutableCounterLong and MutableCounterLong class difference in metrics v2
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 09:16:08 GMT
Hi Lei,
MutableCounterLong is a type of counter which can be increased only (count number is often
large comparing with MutableCounterInt). It is used a lot in Hadoop metrics system, i.e. DatanodeMetrics.

You can find more details on metrics v2 in Hadoop wiki link ( http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HADOOP-6728-MetricsV2
) and related JIRAs (under HADOOP-6728). Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Junping

----- Original Message -----

From: "lei liu" <liulei412@gmail.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2013 12:09:13 PM
Subject: MutableCounterLong and MutableCounterLong class difference in metrics v2

I use hadoop-2.0.5, there are MutableCounterLong and MutableCounterLong class in metrics v2.

I am studing metrics v2 code.

What are difference MutableCounterLong and MutableCounterLong class ?

I find the MutableCounterLong is used to calculate throughput, is that right? How does the
metrics v2 to handle MutableCounterLong class?

Thanks,

LiuLei