hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop Yarn - samples
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 04:57:15 GMT
Perhaps you can try writing the same yarn application using these steps.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html

Thanks
Devaraj k

From: Punnoose, Roshan [mailto:rashan.punnrose@merck.com]
Sent: 29 August 2013 19:43
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop Yarn - samples

Is there an example of running a sample yarn application that will only allow one container
to start per host?

Punnoose, Roshan
Rashan.Punnrose@merck.com<mailto:Rashan.Punnrose@merck.com>

On Aug 29, 2013, at 10:08 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com<mailto:acm@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

Take a look at the dist-shell example in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-applications/hadoop-yarn-applications-distributedshell/

I recently wrote up another simplified version of it for illustration purposes here: https://github.com/hortonworks/simple-yarn-app

Arun

On Aug 28, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Manickam P <manickam.p@outlook.com<mailto:manickam.p@outlook.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

I have just installed Hadoop 2.0.5 alpha version.
I want to analyse how the Yarn resource manager and node mangers works.
I executed the map reduce examples but i want to execute the samples in Yarn. Searching for
that but unable to find any.  Please help me.

Thanks,
Manickam P

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information
for affiliates is available at
for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are
your system.