hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop datanode becomes down
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 09:58:35 GMT
Can you find out the reason for going Data node down from Data Node log? Do you get any exception
in the client when you try to put the file in HDFS.

Devaraj k

From: Manickam P [mailto:manickam.p@outlook.com]
Sent: 06 August 2013 15:07
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Hadoop datanode becomes down

I have a n number of file each of around 25GB. I have a cluster set up with 6 machines in
data node and one master node. When i move this file from my local to HDFS location sometimes
data node becomes down. Any specific reason for this behavior? Or do i need to follow any
other way to move this file from local to HDFS?

Please help me to resolve this.

Manickam P

View raw message