hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Bertrand Dechoux <decho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any way to use a hdfs file as a Circular buffer?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:34:03 GMT
Regardless of the quota, you can't write over a existing file (except by
removing the file and adding a new file with the same name). But if you are
only worried about the quota, you simply need to rotate your files.
However, I don't know about any 'hdfs logrotate' like tool.

Bertrand

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Wukang Lin <vboylin1987@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>    Is there any way to use a hdfs file as a Circular buffer? I mean, if I set a quotas
to a directory on hdfs, and writting data to a file in that directory continuously. Once the
quotas exceeded, I can redirect the writter and write the data from the beginning of the file
automatically .