hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Renault <orena...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to write/run MPI program on Yarn?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 09:29:45 GMT
Sam,

The fundamental idea of YARN is to split up the two major functionalities of
the JobTracker, resource management and job scheduling/monitoring, into
separate daemons. With YARN, we're going to be able to run multiple
workload, one of them being MapReduce another one being MPI. So mpich2-yarn
is the port of MPI to run on top of yarn.

You may want to read :
http://hortonworks.com/hadoop/yarn/
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YARN.html

Hope it helps,
Olivier

--
Olivier Renault
Solution Engineer - Big Data - Hortonworks, Inc.