hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Node manager crashing when running an app requiring 100 containers on hadoop-2.1.0-beta RC0
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:39:29 GMT
Hi,

  I am running an application against hadoop-2.1.0-beta RC, and my app
requires 117 containers, I have got all the containers allocated, but while
starting those containers, at around 99th container the node manager has
gone down with the following kind of error in it's log. Also, I could
reproduce this error running a "sleep 200; date" command using the
Distributed Shell example, in which case I got this error at around 66th
container.

2013-07-25 06:07:17,743 FATAL
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnUncaughtExceptionHandler: Thread Thread[process
reaper,5,main] threw an Error.  Shutting down now...
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to create a thread: retVal -1073741830,
errno 11
        at java.lang.Thread.startImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:887)
        at java.lang.ProcessInputStream.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:472)
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess$1$1$1.run(UNIXProcess.java:157)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:202)
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess$1$1.run(UNIXProcess.java:137)
2013-07-25 06:07:17,745 INFO org.apache.hadoop.util.ExitUtil: Halt with
status -1 Message: HaltException

Thanks,
Kishore